Sunday, March 8, 2020

Talking to Myself Twelve



Blue grosbeak at Dawn at Jordan Lake Dam by Doc Ellen

***
Talking to Myself Twelve March 8, 2020

Is my body finally accepting these
changes I learned in my physical
therapy lessons? Maybe. Yesterday
my left leg protested even walking.
Today hardly any pain. I’m doing
the exercises that are to be my
homework for the rest of my life. 
Will it make the pain go away? I 
was not a believer. I walked at
the dam with my son. He suggested
it, but it went well. I didn’t get so
tired. Maybe my body has adapted
to these new rules, and I can do them
with more confidence. Today we 
go on daylight savings time, but
it’s dark now. I can’t explain to my
dog that now yesterday’s six is 
today’s seven. True, it’s harder to
change habits when you’re eighty-
two, I’ve made many changes in
my life. I lived years without a cane, 
but it could save my life. I want to
live, not have my aging body start
running and no way to stop it until
I fall. So far, so good. I’m alive now. 

Let’s keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment