Sunday, June 19, 2022

The Twelfth Poem

 '
Lyuba Belikh Being Honored at her exhibit in Kostroma, Russia. 

She's in the middle behind the speaker.

The Twelfth Poem June 19, 2022


My sleep pattern varies. I eat when I

can’t sleep. Yet when I read, I fall

asleep. My body has its own rhythm.

I try to keep up. It’s not painful, but

it remains unexpected. Once I’ve eaten,

I enjoy being awake, and sometimes I

stay awake on purpose. Why not? I

told that to the lady who interviewed me.

She couldn’t believe her ears.. I repeated:

I eat when I can’t sleep. Let her wonder.

I don’t weigh much. Maybe it helps keep

my weight steady. It’s a curious phase

of my life: Hardly any pain, but less

control. Still I think, I write. I make

meals, even quiche. and my own organic

bread,, yoghurt, and my lemon ginger

tea. Small pains, but nothing major.

I could live more years like this.

Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment