Monday, December 20, 2021

Being Wise Forty-Six


                                     My orchids a few years ago.


Being Wise Forty-Six December 20, 2021

When you fall, you have to get up,

no matter how much it hurts, and

since my son lives with me, he’s

the one who pulled me up last

Tuesday, and then again on Thursday.

My friend Channah was with me. We

were just back from the doctor. I fell

into the Christmas tree but didn’t

knock it over. Tim got back from

the grocery store and pulled me up.

The first fall bruised my ribs. “Can’t

do much,” the doctor said.”They’ll

heal themselves.” Slowly, of course.

Ribs can be demanding. They complain

unless you’re standing still or lying

down. Just think: I could have lived

with no bruised ribs. I’ve learned

quite a lot in my old age about feet,

and nosebleeds and coping with pain.

Even getting out of bed hurts, but

slowly I do it. And slowly the pain

lets go, slowly my energy returns,

even a little zest.


No comments:

Post a Comment