Sunday, October 16, 2022

The Twenty-Ninth Poem



 Russian hay field, and Vera by the Volga River.


The Twenty-Ninth Poem October 16, 2022


Sometimes I lose things when

I hid them for safe keeping.

It’s part of the way my life

is now. Full of surprises.

I thought I was turning off

the oven, but I had turned

it to broil. And four loaves

got scorched black. I was

the one who scraped off the

burn. The bread itself tasted

fine. I also signed up for

something evil. Too naive

I guess. I had to backtrack

and learn how to get loose.

I don’t like it when they

scold me as if I were a

careless child. I can see

their point of view, but it

still hurts when they try to

teach me what I already

know. The bread is okay

now, and I’m okay. “Live

and learn” still works. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment