Sunday, February 20, 2022

Being Wise Fifty-Five


     Yuri Lebedev in his dacha garden

Being Wise Fifty-Five February 20, 2022


I dreamt I was falling. I was awake and then suddenly

asleep and falling. My arms went out to catch myself.

I was awake and lying flat. I pushed the covers off

and put on my shoes. Orange light behind the curtains.

It was after eight. I heated tea, added honey. Hot, sweet

tea helps me stay awake and warm enough. I wanted

to remember my archetype: Healer, yes. Shakespeare’s

sister–that appeal for my words to touch the lives of

other people. A beloved partnership. Yes, I had/have

my loved man. Then mastery. Elusive but finally

captured in Kostroma, my Russian city. Yuri found

it among my words. How lucky I’ve been and am.

I won’t fall. I’m grounded now.

1 comment:

  1. Judy, Grace Topping asked about you today, so I went hunting and found you! It's lovely to see your poetry here. Glad you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete