Sunday, May 22, 2022

The Eighth Poem


     Dasha, the granddaughter of my co-worker Mikhail


The Eighth Poem May 22, 2022


I have my helpers. One grew a garden.

I bought the seeds. She fertilized, weeded,

planted. We did flowers the first year.

Then vegetables: okra, peas, onions,

tomatoes. She and her husband built

a shed for earthworms and fed them

weeds. Another helper sorted my books.

I chose the ones I wanted to keep. 

She boxed and labeled: keep or give

away. She loved books. Now I’m to

have a new one. A nurse to help me

walk better and go outside more and

do more sorting. It’s a small house

and my clothes are in a big heap.

Time to sort them. I’m pretty good

with people. The chances are we’ll

like each other, and my living space

will be neater. She can help me

bring down some cobwebs and walk

better. We all have our strengths

and weaknesses. I’ll meet her on

Tuesday. I hope she likes me and

we can laugh together.


No comments:

Post a Comment