Sunday, June 26, 2022

The Thirteenth Poem


 Aleksei Belich and his daughter Vera getting water at the country

 house

The Thirteenth Poem June 26, 2022


And those who care for me?

One goes the extra mile.

Another has no interest

after awhile. Most have

liked working for me. If one

hates me, no point being

humiliated. Skin color fails

to bother me, but I can tell

when I’m barely tolerated.

I’ve been lucky with my

doctors. The good ones

get me laughing, make me

love them. Once I didn’t

need so many helpers.

Now I do. My son works

longer hours, and for some

things I need more help.

I’ve also been one who

cares for the sick, for

the very young or the

very old. Some people

don’t want help ever, but

wisdom suggests to take

what you need and

be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment