Sunday, October 3, 2021

Being Wise Thirty-Five


 Judy and Sheila Crump after a Gospel Sing in Moncure 2016

****

Being Wise Thirty-Five October 3, 2021


How many days?  There could be years, 

but not many, I think. I can still walk and

cook, read and write. Poems will spring

into being. I can still get the bread out of

the toaster when it gets stuck. I made

lasagna two days ago and lemon-ginger

tea yesterday. I teach classes. I go to the

post office and mail letters and bills. I’m

managing the higher dose of my medicine

I still do heel and toe walking. I have

friends–good ones. They comfort me. My

paintings remind me of my Russian 

friends. Some have left this world, but I

still feel their love. I leave my writings

behind me. So many books which were

never published, but thirty which were.

I’ve recognized greatness in others. Let

everything be told. I’m not afraid. I’ll

do my best while I live, however long,

and time will tell. It always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment