Sunday, November 21, 2021

Being Wise Forty-Two


                                            Judy teaching, photo by Emma Tobin

            Being Wise Forty-Two November 20, 2021


Leaves. The little orchid plant in

the window still thrives, despite

my neglect. Outside a few sweetgum 

leaves frame the window. Farther

away sun hits the tall tulip tree at

the edge of the woods. Our frost

came late, but finally arrived.

The woodstove took the chill off

the house in my writing corner.

It’s quiet except for one mouse

scurrying around near the bookcase.

We always seem to have one more.

I’m grateful for all my helpers

and for leaves, inside and out.

The sun’s light drops lower.

Daylight dominates, insistent.

Another day, leaves turning

yellow, a blush of red. They’re

never boring. I’m content.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment