Sunday, July 10, 2022

The Fifteenth Poem




Judy by my friend Debbie Meyer on July 9 in my home in Moncure

 2022


The Fifteenth Poem July 10, 2022


I was reading my newest mystery 

when they came: Mother and two

of her children. A girl of thirteen

and a boy of eight. The mother took

pictures of me. The girl was restless

but quietly; the boy was curious

about everything. She took them to

see my chickens before they left.

They brought fruit with them.

Cherries, melons, peaches, and

a fat tomato. I went on the internet

and showed her my blog, where I

post my Sunday morning poem.

Over the years, she has hung onto

me, helped me in various ways.

This time fruit and photos, sharing

her children. She said I was beautiful.

Hard to believe. My doctor, the day

before, said I was doing great.

“Come back in six months." It had

been every three months. I love

to see her. But she was complimenting

me. I told her about being wakeful

in the night and eating my first

breakfast, and later, when I got up,

my second breakfast. “What do you

eat?” she asked. “Toast with my

homemade bread and tea with 

lemon grass and ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment