Monday, July 4, 2022

The Fourteenth Poem


 Kostroma Librarians at a celebration of our Sister Cities anniversary in Durham, Judy in red.    1999


The Fourteenth Poem                                      July 3, 2022


Sun caught in leaves across the street.

I overslept, for which I’m grateful.

I’ll make bread today, my own

healthy bread, wash dishes, put the tea

in jars, read a new book, but first a

new poem.. People do read them,

here and around the world. I’m quiet

in the world right now. I’s hard to

remember all the groceries we

need. I did my best. I finished

another book last night. At two a.m.

I was haunted by one of the scenes.

I wonder if my poems haunt anyone 

in the wide-flung world.  I hope

they comfort in Canada, Japan,

China, Russia, Ukraine, Italy, Spain,

the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment