Sunday, July 15, 2018

Shadows Fourteen



Judy in her writing corner July 2018.

***
Shadows Fourteen July 8, 2018

Our days cool ten degrees–what a change.
I pull on a long-sleeved shirt. The chicks
need their heat lamp. My son walks his
dog in the cool evening air. My body
inches its way back to normal. I am
still Judy Hogan. I can walk at the dam
again. I laugh telling tales of when I
took those in power so much by surprise
that they changed their tune. When I
fill their feeders, I stop to watch the
chicks run to the new feed or sit
placidly to watch. I load my new
book files onto the website for printing
them. I ask help from old and new
friends, and they come through. So
many things in my everyday life feel 
like miracles. I tell myself, yes, I did
the groundwork, I established the
trust, yet I am still surprised. Who
knew age could have so many
miracles even as my power wanes. I 
never did demand acclaim, only the 
opportunity to send my words out 
on the world’s waters for strangers
to read, revel in, and meditate on 
the truth they hold in their hands.










No comments:

Post a Comment