Sunday, March 27, 2022

Being Wise Sixty


 Mikhail Bazankov, leader of Kostroma Writers Organization, in Kostrroma, Russia


Being Wise Sixty March 27, 2022


I get up too early or sleep too late.

My body adapts. My homemade

bread sustains me, and our diet

contains a lot of cheese and tomato

sauce. I sleep hard and then can’t

sleep. I do my best. I always have.

I never understood why some

people hate me. I learned to ignore

them. It doesn’t matter. More people

love me, and I love them. It was

my fate: to love, to heal, to write

the way a woman writes, to be a

master. as good as any man, a sister

to Shakespeare. Whatever happens,

I must keep writing. It’s what I

leave behind me. And I’ve seen

into so many souls. It’s a lot to

ask of anyone, but I never have

objected. I wanted to see, to love,

to fight, to heal, to do my very best.




No comments:

Post a Comment