Sunday, September 19, 2021

Being Wise Thirty-Three


                                                         Judy by Emma Tobin. 

Being Wise Thirty-Three September 19, 2021


Fog today, they say, but no rain.

High eighties, then rain and cooler.

I gave up driving, but that requires

patience again and again. I learn

to wait, to calm myself, trust my

helpers to come through, to get it

right, remind myself of all that is

going well. I can still read and 

write. I walk better. I’m teaching

and learning. I have enough money

and work I love. No serious complaints.

I’ll die one day, but not yet. I eat well,

sleep well, if not predictably. We edge

toward winter. I ordered fat wood.

The stove is clean and ready to fire up.

The vegetable garden is still producing

a few tomatoes, some okra. Not

everything is possible, but the important

things still are. I can speak, and

people listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment