Sunday, January 30, 2022

Being Wise Fifty-Two


Judy's flower garden 2021,cosmos photo by Janet Wyatt


Another snow. This time the cars

rush by fast. We use space heaters

and our woodstove to keep warm.

I lay awake for hours, then slept

hard four more. The light behind

the window curtains is bright orange.

I remember then and dive in now.

I scrambled to think of a supper

we both like. A sweet potato for

me; fried potatoes for Tim, and 

omelet for us both. Sometimes

I can’t stay awake, and other

times I can’t sleep. But my mind

does pretty well mostly. And I’m

loved. How terrible it would be

if I weren’t loved. I have my

limits, but I do okay. Let it be

what it is. I still flourish one

way or another. And those who

love me, grieve for me, and

then I grieve, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment