Sunday, January 16, 2022

Being Wise Fifty


left to right, Dick, Gracie, and Margaret, my mother, her brother and sister in China, 1917.

Being Wise Fifty January 16, 2022


We made bread with new yeast, and Tim

helped me knead. It proved very sticky when

I put it into pans. Then we scorched the top.

The yeast kept it in loaf shape, and the inside

is perfect. Live and learn. It should have come

out sooner, but we all enjoyed it with our salmon

supper treat. No sign now of rain or ice. A little

snow on the garden rows. Our lights still work.

Tim has wood ready in case we need it, and he

split some for our guest. Some would see my

quiet life as dull. Not I. I like to read and to

write. I make more typos, but I can fix them.

Fifty poems I’ve spoken aloud last year and

now this year. My mind doesn’t hesitate

to tell its stories. I’m alive. I can still make

bread we all love. Outside all is quiet.

Inside, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment